Data migration project, SQL to SharePoint
This project was awarded to mahinthan86 for $26 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 - $50 USD / hour
Old system (Source): MS SQL Server 2005 backend. Tables and data structure outlined below. Java Server Pages web application front end (irrelevant to the project, as the work will be done in the back end database, but just for reference).
New system (Target): SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Server (on premise):
Background on the application using this data. The existing JSP/SQL environment was developed 8 years ago and is being decommissioned. The application serves as a document storage library for Extranet customers (approx. 30,000 files). The new platform has been developed in SharePoint and we are ready for the data migration. Key points include:
- Retaining document permissions from old system to new is an absolute MUST.
- Users in the source system must be created in the new system as SharePoint FBA users.
- Customers from table 2 noted below are already present in the SharePoint environment as SharePoint Groups. FBA user accounts that are imported then need to be added to their appropriate customer group in SharePoint.
- Customer groups will have item level permissions (read only)
- Users will have item level permissions (read only).
Specific information on the source database:
• Database has 5 main tables that we need to deal with. I am summarizing this information, and my details are not precise, but here is a breakdown on those tables.
• Table 1 - Holds all files to be transferred into SharePoint. All files are in BinaryData form and are mostly made up of PDF files. There are approx. 29600 files. All of these need to be moved into a single SharePoint doc library.
• Table 2 – Customers (names/IDs of customers) Approx 535 rows
• Table 3 – Users (names of users who accessed the existing (Apache/JSP) web application. Approx 2730 rows. Each user is associated with a customer ID (from the table 2 mentioned above).
• Table 4 – Customer permission associations. This table gives customers in Table 2 access to documents in table 1. Looks to be around 5000 rows
• Table 5 – User permission associations. This table gives users specific access to documents outside the scope of customer associations outlined in table 4. For example, User1 might be associated with Customer1. That customer group has permissions to see Doc 1, 2 and 3, but table 5 would give user1 access to docs 4 and 5 as well. Looks to be around 5000 rows
• Total database size is 46 GB (all from table 1 binarydata obviously).
The tasks involved in this project include:
• Move all the files into the SharePoint doc library. Document metadata needs to be moved as well. This includes 3 columns (‘file name’, ‘title’ and ‘data modified’).
• Create SharePoint Extranet accounts for all users from table 3. We are using ‘SharePoint Solution’s Extranet Collaboration Manager’ to manage Extranet accounts. The user accounts can be imported using PowerShell.
• I then need each user account added to the appropriate Customer SharePoint Group according to their associations from table 3.
• Last, I need customer (SharePoint Group) permissions assigned to the appropriate documents in the doc library as defined from table 4 in the old system, AND user permissions assigned to the appropriate documents in the doc library as defined from table 5 in the old system.
Only highly qualified bidders will be considered, as this is a very crucial project that must be handled without difficulties. Timeframe to start the project is immediately and it must be completed by May 31st.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online